A personal message from Kate …
Hello, and thank you for visiting my site!
To be a photographer is truly a labor of love. I hope, through my images, you can see the love that I have for capturing people in their element – everyone deserves to have beautiful memories, and to have those memories captured in time as artwork – because that’s what photography is: art. As you search for the photographer that is compatible for your special event (financially, stylistically, and personally), please remember to take a moment to consider the investment that you will be making. From day one, I have held on to a firm belief in transparent pricing; in other words, you don’t have to contact me to find out the investment behind a session, and there are no hidden fees – I loathe that awful phrase I see on so many websites … “Contact me for pricing.” It’s a polite way of saying you’ll experience major sticker shock if I lay it all out! I am confident that my artwork is the best investment that you can make when you consider the end product which gives you quality, quantity, and accessibility.
I specialize in natural light photography with on-location sessions. At each session, the client is allowed as many outfit changes as he/she wishes. After the session, the client will be given a disk with all of the unedited images as well as a wide variety of edited images (images that have been processed for color correction, blemish removal, color enhancement, et cetera). Clients will typically receive their disks within 4-6 weeks of the session (weddings take longer due to the sheer number of images from the event). I believe that images are meant to be shared – which is why the disc then belongs to the client; prints can be made at the business of your choosing, discs can be replicated for friends and family, and images can be shared on social networking sites.
ALL-INCLUSIVE INVESTMENTS FOR 2016
**Mini session: $150 – A 20 minute session. The end result is a minimum of 8 edited images, chosen at the discretion of the photographer, provided digitally to the client with an image release. These sessions ONLY take place on certain days of the year as back-to-back sessions in one location chosen by the photographer. 2016 sessions: May 7th (backup date of May 8th in case of inclement weather the previous day); July 16th (backup 17th); October 22nd (backup 23rd).
*NEW IN 2016* Maternity minis: $150 – A 20 minute session in Waterloo resulting in a minimum of 8 edited images, chosen at the discretion of the photographer, provided digitally to the client with an image release. Unlike regular mini sessions, these can be scheduled at any time.
Newborn: $400 – These sessions will take place in a studio setting
Sleep, Sit, & Stand Package (Baby’s First Year): $850 – This includes three sessions: newborn, 6 months, and one year – typically, these are the times in your child’s life when they sleep, begin to sit upright by themselves, and are able to stand. To book this package, a deposit of $200 is required.
Engagement, maternity, family & couples: $425
Weddings: $1,950 (The base fee covers six hours of photography. Each additional hour is $100 per hour. Half of the amount is due up front as a non- refundable date reservation fee.)
Elopements/destination weddings: Contact me to tell me about your nuptials! I LOVE to travel, so reduced rates may be available for weddings that require national or international travel.
- A travel fee of 50 cents per mile applies to sessions outside of Waterloo.
- For family sessions, an additional fee of $40 will be applied for each additional family unit
- Iowa state sales tax applies
- Payment is due in full the day of the session – absolutely no images will be provided before the fee has been paid in its entirety
- To book any session, other than weddings, a $50 deposit (to be applied to the total cost of the session) is required. If extenuating circumstances (such as weather) prohibit the session from taking place, the session will be rescheduled at no additional cost.
- If your event is further than 100 miles from Waterloo, Iowa, please contact me to discuss building a personalized package for your needs.
- Transparency in price is very important to me – call with any questions.
- Prices are subject to change without notice and are non-negotiable.