A personal message from Kate …
Hello, and thank you for visiting my site!
To be a photographer is truly a labor of love. I hope, through my images, you can see the love that I have for capturing people in their element – everyone deserves to have beautiful memories, and to have those memories captured in time as artwork – because that’s what photography is: art. As you search for the photographer that is compatible for your special event (financially, stylistically, and personally), please remember to take a moment to consider the investment that you will be making. From day one, I have held on to a firm belief in transparent pricing; in other words, you don’t have to contact me to find out the investment behind a session, and there are no hidden fees. I am confident that my artwork is the best investment that you can make when you consider the end product which gives you quality, quantity, and accessibility.
I specialize in natural light photography with on-location sessions. At each session, the client is allowed as many outfit changes as he/she wishes. After the session, the client will be given a disk with all of the unedited images as well as a wide variety of edited images (images that have been processed for color correction, blemish removal, color enhancement, et cetera). Clients will typically receive their disks within 4-6 weeks of the session (weddings may take longer due to the sheer number of images from the event). I believe that images are meant to be shared – which is why the disk then belongs to the client; prints can be made at the business of your choosing, disks can be replicated for friends and family, and images can be shared on social networking sites.
ALL-INCLUSIVE INVESTMENTS FOR 2013
Family, maternity, & couples: $250
Weddings: $1,950 (The base fee covers six hours of photography. Each additional hour is $100 per hour. Half of the amount is due up front as a non- refundable date reservation fee.)
- A travel fee of 30 cents per mile applies to sessions outside of Waterloo.
- An additional fee of $40 will be applied for each additional family unit
- Iowa state sales tax applies
- To book any session, other than weddings, a $50 deposit (to be applied to the total cost of the session) is required. If extenuating circumstances (such as weather) prohibit the session from taking place, the session will be rescheduled at no additional cost.
- If your event is further than 100 miles from Waterloo, Iowa, please contact me to discuss building a personalized package for your needs.
- Transparency in price is very important to me – call with any questions.